Friday, September 17, 2004

unfair!

i went to Our Lady of Grace Church today to show them that my original baptismal certificate says that my name is "Clarice Anne" and not "Clarence Anne" (ano ba naman kasi? yung Clarence pang-lalaki, yung Clarice pang-babae! hindi ba nila naisip yun! hay!). anyway, so i went there armed with my original baptismal certificate that says i'm Clarice. when i showed the girl my original baptismal certificate, nainis pa ata siya kasi hindi naman daw niya kasalanan yun. with my counseling skills in full throttle and and my katarayan instincts in check, i told her, ever so nicely, "alam ko po hindi niyo naman kasalanan yun. hindi naman po kayo yung nagkamali. pero hindi ko rin naman po kasalanan. baka po pwede niyong palitan." with my mounting annoyance, it was hard for me to smile while saying that but i was able to do it. aba! ayaw niya pa ring maniwala. hiningi ang birth certificate ko. sabi ko i don't have a newly issued birth certificate. (a newly-issued one yung hinihingi niya kasi last time.) sabi sa akin, "bakit wala ka ba nung original?" grrr! buti na lang i had a copy of my transcript of records kaya ayun ang pinakita ko sa kanya.

after much ado, she eventually gave me a newly-issued baptismal certificate with my correct name and with annotation BUT she wouldn't give me my original baptismal certificate back. kelangan daw niya yun as proof that my name really was Clarice Anne. haaay!

eh di pumayag na ako. i was telling myself na i'll just go back pag anjan yung parish priest to explain my side so i can get my original baptismal certificate. this was the last straw. i needed to pay P50.00 again for the new baptismal certificate!!!! i already paid the last time i got one and it wasn't my fault if their records had my name wrong when my baptismal cert naman had it right. so, with my katarayan still in check, i said "napaka-unfair naman po pala ng system niyo." sabi ba naman sa akin "unfair talaga, lalo na sa akin!" HAY NAKU! nabwisit talaga ako!!!! sabi ko "eh mas unfair po sa akin yun, ako yung nadamay eh, hindi naman kayo". i then paid for the new certificate and left the parish office seething with anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home