Friday, September 03, 2004

how does he tell me he loves me?

when i hear about guys showering their girlfriends with flowers and chocolates and gifts, i sometimes wonder why jojie does not do that. i'll ponder for two seconds, pity myself for a half second, then start smiling again when i realize (for the hundred thousandth time!) how lucky i am to have such a sweet, responsible, and loving man loving me.

he does not give me flowers. in fact, in the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he has given me flowers three times! imagine, just three! the first was a bouquet of red, white, yellow, and blue roses for our first month celebration. (kahit pala nung nanliligaw siya, hindi niya ako binigyan! :)) the second was a long-stemmed rose during the w@w5ive.... wait! don't be fooled! he didn't buy the rose, it was almost 7pm then and benz told us that we could just get the flowers that were not sold. :) the third was a bouquet of two dozen roses for the 2nd step of his proposal. :)

instead, he takes care of me every single day. he makes sure that i am okay. he makes me feel safe.

last sunday, we went to their house in valenzuela. i just stayed in the garage while he went inside. i was okay the whole time but when we went back to the car, i realized that i had sobrang daming mosquito bites in my leg. when he saw it, he immediately got concerned. he bought pa alcohol for me to lessen the itching. then, for the next few days he would ask me how i was and if i had fever (symptom of dengue) and would remind me to drink plenty of fluids.

instead of the chocolates, he works hard in order to provide for me and and to secure the future of our family. he does not buy the things he wants for himself although he can afford it because he wants to save money for our future. but when he realizes that i want something, he would buy it for me kahit na pa mejo impraktikal. like yesterday, for example, we were in greenbelt and we went inside nike women. i told him i wanted the blue jacket they have but since i'm not really into clothes, i wouldn't consider buying it. (isa pa, mabibili ko yun sa iba. i'm not really into nike stuff anyway) but when he saw me eyeing it, he asked me if i wanted to buy it. when i said no and babalikan ko na lang, sabi niya, wala na yan pagbalik mo. then he asked me again if i wanted to buy it. i was just so touched because i knew that if the situation was reversed, he wouldn't even consider buying something for himself but since it was for me, kahit na wala naman sa budget, bibilhin niya.

instead of the gifts, he plays with my younger brother, chats with my sister, does small things for my parents, etc. one time, he slept over at my house so he could drive one of my titas to the airport at three in the morning because my parents were not home and my tita had to be brought to the airport. when my whole family went to the states, he checked on our helpers from time to time, make sure the bills were paid, etc.

instead of the lavish night outs, he makes it a point to visit me at home. minsan kahit ako nagugulat pa rin when he texts me and tells me na "dadalawin" niya ako. it's just so romantic.

there was one time he slept over at my house because we needed to finish a report for one of our part-time jobs. since he was more tired than i was, i told him to go ahead and sleep while i finish something else so he went and took a nap in the couch. after a couple of hours, i was getting sleepy. i wanted to go sleep in my room but since i knew that he would look for me when he wakes up, i decided to just set up a rollaway bed beside the couch. before lying down, i kissed him good night. he stirred but did not awaken so i lay in my rollaway bed. after a couple of minutes, he woke up. he didn't know i was still awake so i just kept still. although his eyes were just semi-open, he realized that i was not using a blanket. he knew i was sobrang maginawin so with his eyes partially open, he looked for the blanket and put it on me. i cold see him and he was so sleepy but he still remembered how cold i can get. until now, he doesn't know that i was awake that time.

so no, he does not give me flowers nor showers me with chocolates and gifts. instead he makes me feel beautiful by gazing into my eyes and telling me how lucky he feels to have me. gosh! how lucky can a girl get?

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

true, its the smallest things that matter ;)

Friday, September 03, 2004 12:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi clarice! alpha here :D.. you're one lucky girl.. ngayon pa lang, alam ko na you're gonna love bernard more pa when you're married na..

alpha

Thursday, September 09, 2004 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Lyra said...

awww! nakakatouch naman! you're right, love is not in the grand things all the time. :)

Thursday, September 09, 2004 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home