Monday, September 06, 2004

Discovery Weekend

got back from discovery weekend yesterday. the whole experience was just so amazing!

sabi ng isang kaibigan ko, ikwento ko raw sa kanya kung ano ang nangyayari sa discovery weekend. sagot ko, oo ba. but now that we're done with the Weekend, ang hirap pala ikwento. words are not enough to describe the love that is in my heart. even writing this is hard since words do not seem enough to convey how happy and how at peace i am right now.

i want to share with you an entry i wrote in my journal during the DW. that was how effective the DW was, i was able to start the journal i've promised myself i would start years ago.


04 September 2004
11:50 p.m.

Discovery Weekend
OMI Retreat House

Today has been one of the best days of my life and I thank Jojie for making it so.

Today was our second day in the DW. Eveything has been great so far. Jojie and I have taked about things we haven't talked about before. I learned so many things about him -- his hopes, his fears, his dreams. He also learned so many new things about me. And with the learning came understanding and acceptance -- of ourselves and of each other.

I love Jojie. I love him so much I can feel the love to the depths of my being.

I remember Kat asking me a couple of weeks ago how much love a person should give his or her partner. I couldn't answer the question; I do not know what is the "right" amount of love to give? Is there even a measure?

Kat's next question was easier. She asked how much I love Jojie and if I would be willing to take a bullet for him. This, without hesitation, I was able to asnwer. I replied, mahal na mahal na mahal ko si Jojie and yes, I would take a bullet for him. As corny as it sounds, living without him is not living anyway so I might as well sacrifice my life to give him his.

To borrow a line my great-grandfather wrote to my great-grandmother, he is my perfection. With him, I feel fulfilled, I feel important, I feel complete, I feel loved. I can't wait for December 18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home