Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Friendster and Ex-es

jojie doesn't have a friendster account. the reason he doesn't is because when i set up one for him several months ago, the girl i used to hate so much "be-friendstered" him that we ended up fighting. sa sobra naming away, he just asked me to delete his account. :)

so he's not really in the know when it comes to friendster. the other night though, since i wasn't in the mood to work, i surfed friendster and i showed him the profiles of his barkada. he was so aliw reading the profiles that we spent a couple of hours just looking through his friends' sites.

syempre pag may mga friends and schoolmates, there is abound to be an ex somewhere. sa kaka-surf namin, and dami kong nahanap na mga ex niya ("ex" here may refer to an ex-girlfriend, an ex-friend, an ex-fling, etc). and surprisingly, jojie was more open to me that night than any other night with regards to this particular girl that i'm so curious about.

L was jojie's fling back in college. she wasn't a girlfriend nor a ka-MU so i guess fling lang talaga yung term na pwede kong magamit. since hindi naman siya ex-gf, wala talaga akong pakialam sa kanya until one night a couple of years ago when we attended a party and her name came up (actually lasing na si don paul nun, yung best man ni jojie, at kung anu-ano na yung nasasabi). i wouldn't have paid attention but jojie's facial expression changed when paul mentioned her name kaya i knew that something was up. so when we got home that night, i bombarded jojie with questions and i discovered na siya yung girl na matagal ko nang gustong malaman yung pangalan. buti na lang sinabi ni paul so nalaman ko nga.

and although L is in the past, way past, we argued about her. talk about being selosa and paranoid (he doesn't communicate naman with her... haaay!)

anyway, fast forward to the other night. i was so surprised that after years of making him kulit about her and what really happened, he finally told me. and it hurt. it hurt so much. but i dealt with it. he asked me if i were jealous and i said no (i wasn't jealous, i was hurt so i wasn't lying when i told him i wasn't.). he assured me that what happened was in the past and that he loves me so much. i know that but it still hurts.

how does one deal with his loved one's past? i jut tell myself that well, past is past and i can't do anything about the things he did when we didn't know each other yet. it's not that i haven't accepted his past; it's just that thinking about it still hurts me. is that so wrong?

i am dealing with it. and i know that jojie loves me to death.

at the same time, i'm very thankful that he, at last, told me what happened. at least now i know and i won't be so paranoid. actually what i imagined was way worse than what really happened so in a way, i feel relieved. still, it hurts.

i know i will deal with this. i have to.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nette said...

Hi Clarice! I debated if I'm going to post or not, so right now we are w@wies and yor not my Coor...well here it goes!
I think we are all human, I do feel the same. Sometimes I would ask myself if I'm jealous, as much as it is easy to say that I am, it's not that. Then I search myself for some answer, then I realize it's not jealousy, but the thought of him or a part of him he shared with the other women (...yes plural!). That's eating me!.
But that's all in the past, and I am his now and his future...and I know his only love. That, I know for sure.
And you know within yourself, that the past is there and will always will be. But it is, still the past!
Nette

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:31:00 PM  
Blogger clarice said...

nette!!!

thanks so much for posting. really appreciated that we can go beyond the client-coordinator thing. :)

yeah, it's picturing him being with other girls that's killing me. haaaay!

thanks so much for your words of wisdom. it is, in fact, the past and will remain there so i know i don't have anythign to worry about. :)

salamat ng marami. *hugs*

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's the reason why i don't have my exes on my friendster list hahaha!

i think it's normal to feel that way. my exes used to upset darwin din, but ako i'm more acepting (wag lang magte-text a few days before the wedding asking for their pictures back hahaha). i'm even friends with his other ex. it's enough for me that everyone has moved on happily.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Aggie said...

Hay naku Clarice, this prompted me tuloy to think about Friendster and Exes din :) Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Rose David Paje said...

Elo Violeta, oks lang yan sis atleast sia na mismo nagkwento sayo. Lilipas din yan.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hay naku Clarice! Eto lang masasabi ko..."Let go and let God".
Just ask yourself, Sino ba pinakasalan nya? Hay, sarap isipin na tayo lang ang nag-iisa sa buhay nila kaya lang hindi. Pero naman, tayo ang pinangakuan ng walanghanggan di ba.
Kaya mo yan.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger abieco said...

the perfect way of dealing with exes - ipakulam mo! hahahahaha!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger ~dowadee~ said...

yaiks!magdedelete na ako ng messages from ex-es!haha!sabay itong comment naman nabasa ni ry.kaya nga ba wedding pix na ang nasa friendster ko namin eh. at exactly the same pa!hehehe
---
seriously though, it's a process di ba?what's important is you're both open about it.. =)

Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home