Wednesday, April 06, 2005

on weight issues

I was so thin growing up, until college graduation, that I never had issues about being fat. I had a really fast metabolism so I never had to worry. When all my friends were getting concerned about gaining weight and all, I continued to eat and eat and eat and I never gained a pound. I remember that everytime I would eat at KFC, I would order the colonel's dinner (too bad they don't offer that anymore); it had 3 pieces of chicken, 2 regular fixins (I would get cole slaw and mashed potato), and a choice between rice and rolls (of course I would opt for rice and would even order an extra one). Top that with large mountain dew and I was in KFC nirvana.

When we were in college, the boyfriends of my friends were in awe of my eating "skills". Hahaha! Sabi sa akin nung isa, "Pucha, Clarice, mas malakas ka pang kumain sa iba kong kaibigang lalake!" I think he said that after I consumed P70.00 worth of food from the campus isawan (a stick of isaw manok costed P1.50 then while a stick of pork isaw costed P2.50). As I said, I never gained a pound so I didn't care.

All that changed when I went to Canada. I stayed there for three months and for the first month alone, I gained 30 lbs!!! Hahaha! Buti na lang mataas talaga self-esteem ko at malaki bilib ko sa sarili kung hindi baka nagka-issues ako big time! Hahaha!

---

When I first met Jojie, I was thin. He was courting my friend then. When he next met, I had gained that 30lbs na. That was when he found me attractive. :)

---

I realize that I really, really, REALLY want to lose weight. And you know why? Because one of my dreams is to have a half-naked picture of me taken when I am like 7 months pregnant. That would be really cool, eh? But I also realize that that picture would only look beautiful if I were thin (by "thin", I mean that I would not look like a blimp with the stretch marks and all). Haaay! I imagine being photographed in a studio with my bulging tummy. I would be really poised and the photographer (I imagine this to be Auey Santos coz I got the idea from her flyer) would take fabulous pictures of me. I would look like Tweetie de Leon incarnate (I saw her before she gave birth to her second child. Boy! Was she a gorgeous preggnant woman! Very sexy and poised.) I would have the pictures laid out to be included in my baby's photo albums (who, of course, will also be photographed by Auey every couple of months).

But then, as I said, I can't do that if my stretch marks show. Haaaay!

---

I love our home but we don't have a full-length mirror! So imagine how I felt when we were at UCC last week (see previous posts on coffee shops) and discovered, when I looked in their bathroom mirror, that I have gained weight, yet again!!! When I came out of the washroom, I immediately asked Jojie why he hasn't told me that I'm too fat. Of course he replied I haven't gained a pound (hehe! yan ang trained na asawa!). Haaaaay! I really have to diet na. I'll do that as soon as I finish this supremo Mocha Javakula. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Aggie said...

Alam mo I used to be thin as well but gained more than 30lbs when I gave birth, up to now, nandyan pa rin sya .. sa tyan :)) Im still trying to lose the 30lbs, kahit 15 man lang before my June 24 wedding, kung paano, Im getting desperate na din! :D

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dang said...

hi sis! basta kahit ano mangyari, pretty tayo..thats what matters!!tc! lumakas tuloy loob ko to post my tummy pics..ahihiih..teka, i changed my mind ulit. mwah!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Dang said...

hi sis! basta kahit ano mangyari, pretty tayo..thats what matters!!tc! lumakas tuloy loob ko to post my tummy pics..ahihiih..teka, i changed my mind ulit. mwah!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Dang said...

hi sis! basta kahit ano mangyari, pretty tayo..thats what matters!!tc! lumakas tuloy loob ko to post my tummy pics..ahihiih..teka, i changed my mind ulit. mwah!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger abieco said...

ako rin! mega-payat nung college at law school. aba, nagtrabaho lang ako e more than 20 lbs na ang itinaba ko! hay.
sige, thin preggy pics naman ang i-ambisyon natin. dati kasi, i dreamed of having thin wedding pics. naitago nga ni ding m ang nga bilbil, pero utang na loob, dumadagundong ang aking double chin!!!

Thursday, April 07, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger lengirl said...

i agree with dang, basta pretty tayo :) i used to be so thin too kaya naman for quite a while i was so depressed about my weight especially with people saying i look big on tv. o'm trying to be more discplined now, but then my sweet tooth always manages to get the better of me :)

Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger marikit said...

pretty ka pa rin, clarice not to worry. :)

Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Clarice! I guess everyone can relate to gaining the weight... gah, ako rin nga eh. Daz and I met when I was thin, sobra! And then I gained weight through law school and work, hay! Funny, I look at our photos and see the difference in my weight while he stays fit and thin haha!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home