Sunday, April 10, 2005

It's Saturday, after midnight (so I guess it's Sunday early, early morning na) and guess where we are... that's right... at Seattle's Best. Jojie is writing a report (it's the season for the annual stockholders meetings so Jojie has so many reports to finish) while I am going through the preps of the clients, especially the May brides. Whenever I want a break, I read the bridal magazines I brought to help me keep updated with the trends in the industry. Sigh! This promises to be another all-nighter.

---

I went to the doctor today to have a check-up. I found a lump below my puson and since Jojie is so worried (and my mom is, too), I finally agreed to have a check-up. Went to the doctor who operated on me when I had appendicitis. He's also the dad of one of our ninangs. He assured Jojie that there's nothing to worry about. He prescribed me an antibiotic (probably to reduce the lump if it's caused by an infection) and said I'm to observe the size of the cyst (it's a somthing-something cyst daw eh). If it doesn't go away, then I can have it surgically removed. I'm not worried though although I know Jojie really is.

---

Funny thing... since the doctor's assistant was on leave, it was the doctor's wife, also a doctor, who was assisting him in the clinic (so syempre the doktora ([I'll use the term to distinguish between the two of them) is the mom naman of our ninang]. Since the two of them kinda saw me grow up (we used to go swimming in their pool when we were kids), they treat me like family. Tanong ba naman nung doktora kay Jojie when I was done with the examination na, "Teka, hindi ba naman kaya siya (referring to me) nabugbog sa sobrang ano?" I was mortified while Jojie matter-of-factly replied, "Ay, hindi naman po." Hahaha!

---

The reason I'm blogging right now instead of working is because there's this really, really NOISY group of bikers here in SBC. Grrrr! Ang ingay!!! If Jojie were not with me right now, I would promptly approach them to ask them to tone down their voices kasi ingay talaga! I've had my share of people being maingay in coffee shops (I've overheard networking recruitment meetings, barkadas making chismis about another ka-barkada, law or med students discussing review questions across the room...) but I've never encountered a group who seem to think like they're in a really crowded bar that they need to talk at the top of their voices. For goodness sake, the music is so mellow, all the other customers are talking in hushed tones, why the hell are they shouting at each other? Haaaaay! I know I'm not in any position to complain since this is a public place after all but please, don't they know how irritating their behavior is? Daig pa nila high school students na first time gumimik at sobrang excited.

---

i got the CD sampler of kadense musik and velvet mood today. was able to listen to kadense's na. haaay! gustong-gusto ko talaga sila. sayang hindi ko sila nakuha before. :(

---

after 1 1/2 hours:

They're gone!!!! The bikers are gone! Yipeee! It's 1:30 na though and Jojie, I think, is just halfway through the report. Mukha ngang sasagarin namin yung 4am closing time nitong shop.

Sweet dreams!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyra said...

Hi Clarice! Galing ng Kadense no? I only got the guitar and violin but the combination is really nice for a nice afternoon romantic and light wedding. :)

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home