Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wedding Kwento Part II

Dec 15 - Wednesday - Christmas Party!!!!

I made place cards and table cards all afternoon. We were supposed to go the pictorial kaya lang hindi na kinaya ng schedule. So we just attended the Christmas Party. :)

Haaay! What a night that has been! Sobrang nakakahiya kasi kinareer ko ata yung prizes! Hahaha!

When Bernard and I arrived at Gazebo Royale, he told me that we should sit in front, near the stage. He remembered kasi that during W@w5ive, we couldn’t see the projected video because there was a huge poste in front of our seats. So he said na this time we should be seated where we can really see everything so we sat in front of the stage nga, as in right in front of the video screen!

We were seated with Eileen and Matthew (na ka-seatmates din namin sa W@W5ive) and Abie. Sarap food!

Ito na po ang kwento ng mga prizes. When the emcee, Raquel, started the raffle and the games, I thought we didn’t have a chance of winning. After all, we’re not so lucky when it comes to raffles and then all the Bring Me items were wedding-related like gown swatches, supplier contract, etc. It was 3 days before our wedding. I’ve let go of the preps two weeks beforment e and I didn’t have any wedding paraphernalia with me. I think it was during the second round of Bring Me when I tuned out of what Raquel was saying because I knew that the items would be wedding-related again so I figured I didn’t have a chance. I just looked at my hands and admired for the millionth time my engagement ring when I heard Raquel’s voice saying “engagement ring”! Wooh! The Bring Me item was an engagement ring! Bernard was so surprised when I bolted out of my seat and ran up the stage! Hahaha! According to him, he has never seen me run so fast! Hahaha! That won us a gift certificate from Alex Franco.

After winning, we realized that we had a chance in spite the fact that we did not have our wedding preps folder with us so, now, we were in the game! When Raquel mentioned that the next prize was a major one – pearl earrings worth P12,000, I told Bernard that I wanted to win that and that I even told my Mom about that. When Raquel said that the next item was to be brought to John, stupid me thought she was talking about John Mateos Ong! Hahaha! Isip ko pa, bakit kay John? And then I realized kay JOHN pala! Haha! (Sorry, John!) When Raquel said that the Bring Me item was a size 10 shoe, I immediately remembered that my fiance wore a size 10! I don’t normally remember that; it’s just that we just shoe-shopped for his wedding shoes a few days before so I remembered. He ran to John and luckily, he won! Yehey! When he got the earrings na , he first thing he told me was “O yan ha, may gift n a ako sa iyo!” Hmph! Haha!

The next prize we won was the Little Dreams package. Syempre Bring Me uli (told you we didn’t have luck pagdating sa raffles eh). When Raquel announced na the prize was a Little Dreams package, I thought if I were going to play pa for that. After all, our wedding was like three days away but I figured that maybe I can ask for a discount or something (haaay! sorry, gahaman ba?). When Raquel announced that that item was with Tony (Pionilla of Little Dreams), I told myself na I won’t play na. But then no one was going to Tony either. One of the suppliers (girl supplier, may edad na ng kaunti, asawa ng isang photographer, I think team sila) kept on motioning me to run and go to Tony! She pointed where Tony was. I didn’t stand up na kasi I was waiting for the others. Siguro she had to motion to me around 3 times before I gathered enough courage to go to him. I was wearing boots with like 3 inches heels for goodness sake! Ang hirap tumakbo! When I reached Tony, I politely told him na that I was a client of Little Dreams. I think I said something like “Good evening po. Client po ako ng Little Dreams...” I was going to oh-so-politely ask him to give me the item (a calling card) but he was ignoring me! Instead, he just held on to the calling card and raised it with his hand. I didn’t know what to do but then when I saw around 3 people in my peripheral vision about to grab the calling card, syempre I grabbed it na without hesitation!

Benz told me that we had to verify with Mel Cortez if I could upgrade my own package to Decisive using the package I won. When Mel said no (I knew Decisive was already taken anyway so it was okay), we had the certificate “re-raffled” and I was able to choose from the available prizes in lieu of the Little Dreams package. :) Oh, by the way, the day before my wedding I learned from Little Dreams that they’re giving me a P5,000 discount because we won nga! Ang galing! Sobrang naging win-win yung situation! Really love Mel Cortez!!!! :)

We had a really great time at the party (Juice! Manalo ba naman ako ng sangkatutak na prizes noh!). I met so many w@wies! Galing!

December 16 - Thursday
Since hubby didn’t invite people from his office (except for a few, they didn’t even know that he was getting married!), we decided that we’ll just bring lunch to his office to treat his officemates. It was his last day coz leave na siya ng Friday and nun lang nalaman ng officemates niya na ikakasal na siya! :) So I cooked food (you know, nagpaka-dakilang girlfriend ako) and brought it to his office in Ortigas. I waited na for him kasi usapan namin after nila mag-lunch sa office, alis na kami kasi may surprise naman ako sa kanya.

I went to Megamall while waiting for him. I had a quick lunch and I looked for a dressing-up outfit. I saw this really nice Kill Bill outfit (a pair of yellow sweats) which I figured would look really nice in the pictures. Btw, I don’t normally wear yellow kasi I feel na I’m too dark for yellow. For some reason, I still bought it kahit na yellow siya. Buti na lang kasi it really looked nice sa pictures. (By the way, thanks to Abie and Eileen who, when I told them that I wanted a dressing-up outfit like Autumn’s, told me na I can just buy a generic pair of sweats and have it embroidered with the word “bride”.) I tried to look for a shop who can embroider “Bride” in front of the top pero sobra nang puno at Dec 26 ko pa raw makukuha!

After shopping, Bernard and I met na. I had a surprise for him; he never had a full-body massage ever in his life and I brought massage and body scrub certificates from Fitness First RCBC for the two of us. That was the longest I’ve kept a secret from him! Nagulat ako sa sarili ko! I bought the certificates last August and I managed not to tell him about it. When we were in the car na, he asked me where we were going. Syempre I wouldn’t tell him. I even asked him to wear a blindfold so he wouldn’t know. Kaya lang he figured out na pala! Nakakainis! Since I told him to give me the exact time when we could leave for Makati, he figured that wherever we were going needed an appointment. That was the only clue he got and he figured it out! Haaay! Kainis! Pero okay na rin kasi when I realized that he knew na talaga, I let him drive na lang para mas mabilis at hindi kami ma-late sa appointment. :)

We had the time of our lives inside the massage room. We got the couple’s room and sarap talaga magpa-scrub and massage. Bernard loved it so much that we bought 7 massage/scrub certificates after! Yehey! Bernard brought me home after our spa (we had a little accident on our way home, little dent lang naman, thank God). When I got home, I called Ronald and discussed the reception layout over the phone. I slept at 3:30 a.m. that night since I arranged all the things that needed to be brought to the hotel.

December 17 - Friday
Candice picked me up from our house around 10:30 a.m. We went to a nearby salon to have foot spa and have our nails done. Since I was so magulo, we managed to leave for the hotel around 3:00 na! Hay! Buti na lang since I paid Linden for our suite months in advance kaya they couldn’t cancel our reservation. Arrived at the hotel around 4p.m. (sobrang traffic!) but our suite was not ready yet! Grrr! It was okay thought because Linden just gave us free snacks at their restaurant. We were starving by then so buti na rin lang late nag-check out yung previous occupant ng room! Hehe!

Candice left for Megamall around 6 so I was alone sa suite (she had to buy shoes and yung pouch for the arrhae). Nakapag-preps pa ako ng kaunti. In fact, I even had to make a few place cards kasi may mga last-minute (talagang last minute changes sa guests namin. hay!). I called Bernard sa Astoria. He seemed so relaxed! Nakakainis! I was panicking na with the place cards and all tapos he seemed so relaxed! Tinanong pa ako ng “Hindi ka ba magsi-swimming?” Grrr! I already had the fitting form so I tried to iron the gown so I could put it sa fitting form pero hindi ko magawa. Masyadong mahaba yung train! Buti na lang my mom arrived na with my whole family (they brought dinner kasi and my sister and brother were also sleeping at the hotel) and so she and my dad fixed my gown. Maya-maya dumating na rin si Candice uli and we had dinner na.

The messenger from our honeymoon travel agent arrived around 9. Juice ko! I learned that our travel agent changed our airlines! Grrrr! From Kuwait Airlines, naging Lufthansa! Okay naman yung change ng airline per se but the time of our arrival in Manila on Dec 24 changed from 4pm to 7pm! Sobra talaga akong nabwisit! Tinawagan ko yung travel agent at inaway ko ng sampung minuto, straight! The fact that my parents were just nodding their heads while I was screaming my head off at the travel agent was proof enough that I was the one wronged! Haaay!

My parents left around 10 and we slept around 11. I texted Bernard before sleeping. Sabi ko, "Good night, my husband (and in 17 hours, totoo na ito!). I love you." He replied, "I love you, too, Mrs. Avinante!" Then I fell asleep na. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home