Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Wedding Kwento Part III

Dec 18 - THE DAY!!!
I woke up around 6. By the time I even stirred, Candice was already taking a bath. I woke up my siblings and when we were all ready, we went to the restaurant to have breakfast. Had breakfast until around 7:30a.m.

When we went back to the room, I called my parents, fully expecting them to be on their way. Syempre nasa bahay pa sila! Haaay! I was starting to be stressed na. Kakatawa kasi Candice was talking on the phone and I could hear her telling her friend that I was "hustling and bustling all around". When she recognized that I was starting to be stressed, she put down the phone and talked to me.

My "coordinators" arrived before 8:30. Sila Rhodora, Teenee, at Diosa. At least hindi na ako masyadong stressed kasi andun na sila. We discussed some last-minute stuff and I turned over all the wedding paraphernalia to them.

Maya-maya dumating na rin parents ko. Katkat, my emcee and one of the secondary sponsors, also arrived in a little while.

Brenda and his/her team, MUA for the ento, were the first suppliers to arrive. They setup immediately and started on my sister.

In a few minutes, dumating na rin si Kat, my MUA and one of the secondary sponsors. Haaay!

Hindi na ako ninenerbyos! Lahat na ng tao andun so I was assured na. Although mejo stressed pa rin ako. You know, being a very OC person, I was was still going over my mind the things that needed to be done but I was very confident that my team of friends would do a very good job kaya I was able to just sit down and "relax". I took a bath na. Wanted to have a bubble bath but can I just tell you? My period came!!!! Grrrr talaga! So I just contented myself with a long shower, at least as long as I can manage without people wondering if I escaped na through the bathroom window. :)

When I came out, I was wearing na my dressing-up Kill Bill outfit. Kat started na on my makeup. After a while, the video team from Little Dreams arrived na.

I received a call from Mr. Ching, the owner of the 1953 Benz Adenauer we were supposed to have as our bridal car. He was in Alabang and the car had minor wiring trouble. He didn't think he cold make it to my hotel at 1:30 so he already looked for a replacement. He said we would be using a 1932 Studebaker instead but that he would be the one to bring us to the reception from the church. I was okay with it. I didn't panic too much since we already had a replacement anyway. Funny thing was Bernard was making me kulit for a couple of weeks to make sure that the car was okay. Pag nakukulitan ako, sasabihin niya, "Aba! 1953 pa yung kotse, baka masira yun bigla!" Matatawa lang ako sa kanya pag sinasabi niya yun tapos nangyari! Haha! I called Bernard to inform him of the new arrangement. He was okay with it naman. My voice was sifferent when I was talking to him. Sobrang kalmado. Siguro he realized na hindi ko kakayanin pag nagsalita pa siya ng kung ano pa man.

Around 10:35, Rhodora informed me that list of deliverables from the florist did not list the flowers for the secondary sponsors. I started to panic (pero syempre hindi pa rin kita sa mukha kasi dapat maganda pa rin sa video). Usapan namin pag dumating si Mang Boy na wala yung flowers, magapapatakbo kami sa Megamall. Mang Boy arrived at 10:50, exactly yung time na sinabi niya na dadating siya (usapan namin was 11 a.m. but he told me he'll be there 10 minutes before 11). He had the flowers! Ang galing galing! Ang tanga ko kasi I forgot to order it ata from him or at least I forgot to list it down sa order ko and I forgot to confirm it. Buti na lang he remembered. He brought wrist corsages for the secondary sponsors.

Edu, our main photog, arrived in a while. Nanggaling na kasi sila sa hotel ni Bernard. The back-up photog remained with Bernard while Edu and Flowers, the videographer (promise ito ang pangalan niya!) were with me.

My make-up done, Brenda's team started na on my hair. I could see that his/her team a very good job on the ento. Ang ganda ng mga makeup nila!

By this time, lahat na ng tao na darating, andun na. Eric, the other emcee, also showed up to discuss last-minute details with Kat (You'd really love my friends sa sobrang effort na in-exert nila for my wedding.). Cris, Candice's friend, also showed up to bring me tampons kasi I asked Candice to find one for me! Tita Babes, my mom's friend, also came to bring food for everyone (she cooked lunch for the whole group para hindi na raw mamroblema mom ko).

When my hair was done, picture-picture syempre. It was a really good thing that I was able to have our prenups with Edu kaya sobrang sanay and at ease na ako sa kanya.

After the picture taking, I changed na to my gown. It was the first time my mom saw me in my gown. She commented on how beautiful I looked (ayshsus! eh syempre nanay ko yun eh!).

Matagal yung picture taking, as you can imagine. In fact, by this time, Bernard was already in the church. Hindi rin naman excited yung boypren kong magpakasal no? Hehe!

When we went down to the lobby and I saw the bridal car, natuwa ako. Ang ganda nung car, mas classic pa sa bridal car namin talaga. I knew Bernard would be thrilled.

In the car, I was panicking kasi hindi nakasunod sa car namin yung mga ento. Sinasabihan na ako ng parents ko to let go. I was only able to let go when I realized na hindi naman pala ganun ka-traffic so hindi sila mahihirapan kahit na wala silang hagad (policemen who interrupt traffic to make sure that we don't get caught in jams).

My parents could see that I visibly shook myself to let go. I asked for food and my mom brought out the Inipit, a Bulacan delicacy, she brought for me. I had so much fun eating the Inipit (didn't have lunch kasi) that I even asked Edu to take a picture. Hahaha! Pwede na akong endorser.

Arrived at the church around 2:30. It was tamang-tama sana but no! There was a wedding going on! Grrrr! I didn't know there was a wedding before us! My pre-wedding gimmicks were foiled! We were supposed to play mellow love songs in the church to set the mood (idea from Len ni Edward)! Hay naku! I hate pa naman yung naghihintay yung mga tao sa labas kaya nga ayoko ng Intramuros church eh pero yun din pala. Ang ma-okay naman dito, everybody saw me tuloy sa car and I was able to make chika with my friends. Buti na lang Abie was there and she kept me company. Syempre rin this gave me time to have more pictures taken! Hahaha!

Then I saw na the wedding guests of the other wedding file out. Syempre linait ko pa yung wedding nila (Ang sama ko talaga! Nainis kasi ako sa kanila since Abie said that they started late kaya pati tuloy kami na-late!)

I saw my guests go inside the church and the coordinators were lining up the people for the march. Mr. Alvarez, the owner of the Studebaker, asked me if I were ready na. Wala na raw atrasan! Hehe!

- to be continued -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home