Monday, October 24, 2005

Fourth Day

It has been a really good day. Jojie's spirit was up today. Probably because it's the first time he's not attached to an IV so he can move more freely. He was very cheerful today. Nakakatuwa kasi he's his old self again.

Because I've been so tired the past few days and because Jojie slept late last night, we woke up late this morning. I was awakened by Maye's text message asking what time she'll send Nik, our helper, to the hospital. I called her and we chatted for a while. Told her about the internet articles I read about hyperthyroidism and she offered to bring her books to the hospital so I can read more on it.

By the time Mama and Papa came by to visit at around 9am, Jojie was still sleeping. They didn't stay long, just made sure that we were okay.

Jojie and I were looking forward to today because of his scheduled thyroid scan. Although we won't have the results by today, knowing that we'd be doing the test itself felt good. Our nurse for today, however, gave us the not-so-good news that Heart Center's thyroid scan machine is not yet assembled. Sa sobrang bago, walang nakakaalam kung paano i-operate. They told us that we have to go to St. Luke's for the procedure. That was okay with us but we later learned that since the ER is understaffed, there's no doctor who can accompany us to St.Luke's. The nurse told me that we can go there by ourselves but I didn't like the idea of just the two of us going to St. Luke's. What if something happens? What if his heart palpitates or his blood pressure shoots up? So I opted to just go tomorrow when we can be sure that the ambulance with the doctor will be available.
The rest of the day passed by quickly. Maye and Nik arrived in the morning. They stayed for the whole day since I had a scheduled meeting in the afternoon. My meeting was originally set at 1:00pm in Makati but when I talked to my client, they were okay with moving the meeting to QC. I was really grateful. Dahil nahiya naman ako sa kanila, told them I'd meet them in Morato para at least hindi super out of the way for them but Geraldine was even the one who offered to have the meeting nearer to the Heart Center. Thank you so much, Ge and Luigi! *hugs*

Was also able to run errands for my husband. His projects kasi are still on top of his mind and since I couldn't ask him not to think about his work for the time being, we compromised that I'd finish the task he wants done but after that, he'd relax. The problem kasi is his heart is affected by the hyperthyroidism. This is the reason why his heart palpitates or why his blood pressure increases every once in a while. Kaya rin may medication siya for the heart. My mom explicitly told me that I should take care that Jojie doesn't get too stressed. So I figured tatapusin ko na lang yung kelangan niyang gawin para pagkatapos, wala na siyang reason para magpaka-stress over it.

My mom and I agreed today that I won't rely on the nurses anymore to give Jojie's evening meds. Minsan kasi pag nakakalimtan ng nurse ibigay sa morning, okay lang kasi npapa-alala ko pero sinabi na sa akin ni Mama na I should be the one na lang para sigurado talaga ako sa oras kahit na sa gabi. What brought this about was Jojie's passing comment that he was given the med for 6am at 5am. Since it's the med for the heart, ayoko sana na hindi maayos yung pagbigay kasi Ninang Zeny also takes the same med and she said that she was hospitalized once because of wrong dosage. Masyado namang bumagal yung heart rate niya. Nye! Ayoko namang mangyari yun syempre. So tama, ako na lang.

As I mentioned above, Maye stayed the whole day. Super nakatulong talaga that Maye was here. She kept us entertained (hahaha! parang dancer!). Okay kasi si Jojie with my siblings so kwentuhan lang sila. When I went to the meeting, si Maye yung naiwan with Jojie and since Maye is also studying Nursing right now (due to graduate next March), hindi ako nerbyos to leave Jojie with her. Thanks, sis! Mwah!

On a more salbahe note, I was able to retrieve the car from the nearby hospital's (East Ave Med Ctr) parking lot today. I was actually scared that they already towed the car since I left it last Saturday pa. Hirap kasi ng parking dito sa Haert Center so dun na lang. Buti na lang pagbalik ko, andun pa. Funny pa, last Saturday when I got it, I paid P150 for overnight parking (from Friday to Saturday). Tapos kanina when I got the car, I was prepared to pay P300 for two night's parking but since theparking ticket just indicated the time (3:30pm) and not the day and I left the parking lot at 8:30pm, the guard just asked me to pay P35.00!! I actually felt guilty. It's a government hospital and I know they need the additional funds but heck, I also need the money right now.

I have to go. It's 10:30 pm and I have to wake up at 1am to give Jojie's med then we also have to wake up early so we can prepare for our trip to St.Luke's. We're leaving at 9:30am and JOjie needs to fast pa for a few hours prior so maaga siya kelangan to be able to have breakfast pa. But before I go, I'm so happy right now because Jojie and I started a novena to the Divine Mercy together. :)

Good night.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Pia said...

hi clarice! naku i hope bernard gets well soon... with you as his personal nurse, i'm sure he'll be up and about in no time! take care of yourself too!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:19:00 AM  
Blogger lengirl said...

be strong clarice, all will be well i'm sure! my prayers are with you both. take care!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger mai said...

Claaarrriiiccceee make sure you get enough rest din ha. Take care. Bernard get well soon :)

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanny said...

Hang in there Clarice. Dante and I we'll be praying for both of you. Be strong ok. :D

*hugs*

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home