Monday, August 09, 2004

love letter

This letter was given by my tito to my tita shortly before they got married. Reading it gives me goosebumps because I can feel how much he really loves her.

=======================
To my dearest Joyce,

You are my Perfection. I can sense my lolo smiling in his grave as I now use this immortal line he used in his very first love letter to my lola. I know exactly how he felt for her at that time, for the emotions conveyed by the words are as fresh and alive today as when he first wrote them -- love, pride, and joy -- the kind that can only come from the hand of God.

You are my Perfection. Before I met you, I never knew how so incomplete my life was, I never realized how imperfect was my world. Not that you are here, the roses are redder, the rainbows are brighter -- life has just begun to feel just how God has planned it to be.

Joyce, I don't just like you very, very, very, very, very much. I Love You. How awesome it is that three, simple, little words embody an entire universe of emotions.

I Love You. I'm humbled by how God so powerfully manifests His presence in me by gifting me with the capacity to love you. Only you.

I Love You. Feelings of immeasurable joy and bottomless bliss suffuse me as I come before the magnificent immensity of the fact that, yes, you are mine and I am yours for the Lord has especially created us for each other.

Joyce, I love you! I love you! I love you! As God is my witness, I love you! I'm overwhelmed by all this. There was a time in my long checkered life that those feelings were alien to me -- I even believed that they could never pass through my heart. But now that I've found you, they not only passed through my heart -- they built a home there. They are living there. They are growing there. They are happy there.

But, I admit, Joyce, I don't have much to offer you. I only have a shanty to give in terms of material goods. In the ways by which the world measures wealyt, I am poor -- very poor. But then, there's a mansion in my heart where the Lord now dwells, and I humbly proffer that to you. In that mansion throbs my faith in God -- the kind of faith that pulsates with the ardor and fervor that sustains and edifies my personal relationship with Him who is my Lord, my Savior and my King.

My dearest Joyce, I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. Over and above all the very many other reasons for that, I know that this is what is pleasing to the same God you, too, seek to honor and glorify. My love for you is my hosanna to my Lord. It is my thanksgiving to my Savior. It is my salute to my King.

Today, as we luxuriate in the multitude of delights that comes from just holding each other's hands, gazing at each other's eyes, and claiming the dream of a shared life of forever, I fortify my commitment to the Lord; to love and take care of you and provide for you. And no tear shall ever stain your face except that which is borne out of joy.

May I always bring a smile to your lips and laughter to your heart, for I hereby dedicate every breath I take to making you happy.

With love and affection,
Anselle

4 Comments:

Blogger Lyra said...

*sniff*

Monday, August 09, 2004 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger marikit said...

that was a very touching letter! thanks for sharing it. :)

i agree with you, many brides are so caught up with the preps that by the time the wedding's over, only then they'll stop and think of the reason why they got married in the first place. funny no, but it's true. :)

keep on blogging! :)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger mai said...

grabe what a beautiful letter. i got teary eyed.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 9:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. can i cut and paste this? -kay

Wednesday, August 11, 2004 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home