Saturday, June 19, 2004

of hearts and dreams [diana zubiri (part 2)]

we were having breakfast with my family this morning and as usual, the conversation continually shifted from one topic to another. and then my mom shared something she heard on t.v. the girl, daw, of one's dreams may not necessarily be the girl of one's heart; a girl of the dreams usually is the ideal one, the product of hours of intellectual ponderings while the girl of the heart is the one you fall in love with, in spite of her imperfections, her faults, and her weaknesses.

i realized that is very true. as cliché as it sounds, you really cannot teach the heart whom to love. you may meet the person of your dreams and not fall in love with him or her. on the other hand, you may meet someone who is not perfect by anyone's standards and still be head over heels in love with that person.

my sister then asked bernard, "so kuya jojie, ano masasabi mo dun?" bernard replied, "oo, tama yun. katulad kagabi, yun yung girl of my dreams eh. kaya lang natatabunan siya nung girl of my heart kaya sabi ko, 'girl of my heart, tabi-tabi ka muna jan, anjan si girl of my dreams eh!'" and my whole family burst out laughing. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home