Monday, May 12, 2008

One long post about being....*

Okay, okay, okay... I admit I'm a bad blogger. Even Jojie has been making me kulit about blogging (nagugulat kasi siya na sometimes his friends tell him that they read pala this blog kaya feeling proud naman siya. Hahaha!).

Anyway, the reason I wasn't able to blog for a loooooong time is.... tsadan... I'M PREGNANT! Isn't that like the most ironic thing??? I mean, it's ironic after that post "On having a baby". Teeeheeeheee! But then, it just shows how things can not be controlled sometimes (which is such a big realization for me... mwehehehehehe!).

I find out I was pregnant on November 20, which was a few days before the W@W Christmas party. I didn't think I was pregnant kasi I spotted but when my regular period didn't come, I decided to take a pregnancy test and needless to say, it was positive.

The whole pregnancy process (at least from the time I learned I was pregnant up to now that I'm in my 29th week) is one bumpy but happy roller coaster ride for me. For one, I was constantly in a threatened abortion condition (not sure if I used the term correctly) during the first couple of months. I spotted for almost one month so I was put on bed rest. Since Jojie and I live in a condo unit alone and he had to go to the office, we decided to move back to my parents' house. Kasi dun sure ako na may mag-aalaga sa akin. I accomplished everything in bed. My mom and my sister (who were super duper supportive) would feed me in bed and would constantly deep me company para hindi ako ma-bore. Abie sent me bobo novels to keep my mind off things. Jojie bathed me. All these para hindi ako ma-stress at hindi makasama sa baby.

I didn't miss a single wedding. There were times na hindi na ako nagsa-spot tapos dahil sa stress sa wedding, bigla akong magsa-spotting uli. In spite of all the hassles and the worries I went through, wala akong bride na hindi ako yung nagpalakad. :)

Sa super stressful events, sinamahan ako ni Jojie. The most stressful was probably the W@W Party. It went great naman daw sabi nila... hahaha! pero super duper grabe abot sa ceiling ng Fernwood yung stress ko the days before that and OTD. Jojie was with me the whole time and I was clutching my tummy kasi masakit yung puson ko the whole day. (Btw, Mimi and Karl won the Supplier of the Year award. Very well-deserved, I must say. :)) Nagsisi lang ako kasi I wasn't able to have lots of post-nup picture taken despite the 20+ photographers present! Nakapagpa-picture lang kami kay Mel Cortez and kay Chito Cleofas (two of my "favoritest" photogs! :)) pero hindi ko pa rin nakukuha until now. Hehehe!

Morning sickness was hell.... don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And for the life of me, I cannot understand why it's called morning sickness when it starts at 7am and lasts until 12 midnight! Pucha! One third lang dun yung umaga... dapat whole day sickness yun eh. Hahaha!

The transition to being a pregnant working person was very hard for me. Bigla na lang hindi ako makapag-meeting ng hanggang gabi unlike before. Kelangan may driver ako at may yaya na kasama forever.

In my post about having a baby, I think I discussed about being afraid of the changes I'd have to face if I were to get pregnant. I was so right! Totoo nga palang ang daming changes, ang daming sacrifices. I'm not saying I'm not excited to see my baby or that I don't think the sacrifices are worth it but I have to admit that there were times I wasn't too happy. For one, Jojie and I love to travel. We love the beach and goal naman to go to the beach at least once a year. Normally by this time, nakaka-dalawa na kaming alis. But because of my delicate pregnancy, syempre hindi pwede. Oh well, sabi naman ni Jojie we'll travel next year, and since that would be with baby na, mas masaya! :)

Am giving birth in July. As early as now, I'm making sure all my June, July, and August (konti lang yan, don't worry) weddings are fixed. Pati mga song lists, inaayos ko na. Before the month ends, I'll make sure super konti na lang yung kelangan ayusin. I'm very grateful to all my brides. All of them were very supportive when I told them I was pregnant.

So there... this post is just basically to update you on why I wasn't able to blog.

Till next time!

:)

* - a crossover post; also posted in An Event to Remember

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger malditang bunso said...

Hey sis! Congrats ulit. I added you sa site ko ha. Add moko when you have time. Ingat ka. Lapit na labas baby Jia. Hehe namesake ni Gia!

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nag-update ka na rin :). It's been awhile. Welcome back to blogging!

Malapit nang lumabas si Baby Jia. By then, baka mas marami kang ma-blog :)

Joey
http://www.joeymd.com
http://the-working-mom.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 17, 2008 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger malditang bunso said...

Wala ka palang tag board. hehhe. I tagged you sis when you have time nalang. its at http://malditangbunso.blogspot.com/2008/05/10-random-things-about-me.html

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Clarice - welcome back! Ilang tulog na lang lalabas na si Baby Jia, post ka ng pictures ha! Ingat lagi. See you in October.

Friday, June 20, 2008 9:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Clarice! We pray for your safe delivery, at healthy baby =) Remember when we told you we're going to "delay" our baby a bit? hehe di rin naconrol eh. Our baby is due in January haha! God bless =)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Clarice,

I know sobrang huli na ko sa balita at sobrang huli na ito pero CONGRATULATIONS PA RIN!!!!

Please text me your number naman. I've been bad eh. I changed units then lost a lot of contacts.

Thanks!!
:)
Nadia

Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi clarice..

my name is chris and i jst wnt to say Congrats s n u.. i love reading your blogs..pde b ktng i-add frndster ko?

tenk u for sharing ur lyf, most of all ur married lyf..npaka nspiring sk nkk kilig tlga..

GodBless! and hope to read mre blogs coming fr u.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home